Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nerves&Needles-Gameday then skating w possible new league

AHHHHHH, busy derby days. My league LCHR just bought the remainder of their track to be here prior to April 23 bout, so excited I will get to skate on it before I leave.

I am a relatively confident person for the most part and was a REALLY confident skater prior to ROLLER DERBY. Last season I was incredible humbled by the fact that derby is not as easy as just skating fast and turning left as speed skating is. I spent early last season making excuses to why I wasnt on rosters and all kinds of other "FUSS BOX" stuff. Late last season, I really started to fall in love with the game of derby not only the fact I was able to be on my skates. Our game MAKES me rise to the challenge! I have dedicated my body and soul to roller derby and it reflects through every aspect of me.

I have a game at 6om today, I have watched the other team footage, doing my last minute gear checks, packing my cooler w healthy snacks and watching somemore video of our opposing team. So heres the tough part, after I play, I need to come home finish packing and then Im leaving for Denver tomorrow morning at 5:25am!!!!! We are checking out our possible house on the river and I will be skating with the Denver Roller Dolls for 3 practices. OMG, i am sooo nervous, ummm THEY ARE INCREDIBLE, I am on the road to being awesome but what if they think I suck? ahhhh I just have to stay positive and know that I am always getting better but it starts within your head and radiates through my skating. Okay that sounds good, I am going to write that on my wrist guard.

ONe thing at a time, let go through my skatebag focus on the game, then focus on CO. oh shit, i need new socks, ahhhhhhhh. Ill run through my play book while im in walmart. that  works.

If ur in Denver, hit me up randimaehym@skatecourt.com be there until fri. I am always thankful for friends.
hugs and slugs
maehym

No comments:

Post a Comment