Monday, February 21, 2011

frustrating

It hard looking for your own inspiration and guidance especially in such a new sport as well as with such a new league. My league is awesome , we are just growing at an exponential rate which is something I should be thankful for but become selfishly frustrated with. I have begun looking at other leagues training manuals to start practicing on my own, the only problem is there is no one to tell me if I am doing it right. My pet peeve is learning something the wrong way and having to adjust it. I just want to learning the right way.  The other problem is what are the credentials of coaches, is there a guide line for where they get there info or what is right and wrong. I also fall into a very strange body type category lets say gangley would be an appropriate, so many things don't work out for me the same way as other skaters but I can cover about 8 of the 10ft solo. When I started RollerDerby, I had the false sense of easy and now that I am 2 yrs in, I feel like I have only just begun my journey of studying the game and the culture for that matter. I crave new techniques and approaches, as well as scouring the rule book for loop holes. My entire life in roller derby, I have become consumed with ambition to be a great player. Now I just have to put more work into it, off to them gym and then to skate outdoors.
Hugs and Slugs Maehym

No comments:

Post a Comment