Saturday, February 19, 2011

Students of the game

Oh how naive are the girls that join derby just to hit people, there is so much THINKING in that sticking pack!!!! I am working on being a jammer but due to my size (I am 6ft) and my leg span about 7-8ft on a good day I am normally a blocker. Some girls that skate with us get so caught up into which position they play they, ie pivot,1,2 or power 3 they forget the overall goal. It really doesnt matter what position you play, your overall goal is to stop the opposing jammer and aid to advance your own. In that order of priorities. So no matter what position you are assigned, these should be your goals. Awareness is always the key in the pack but its really hard for me to stay focused cause there is so much going on in that pack. I am starting to have night terrors of letting the opposing jammer sneak by. I think I have a roller derby problem, but at least my life caters to it. My broadband chip is f&*king up and I cant watch DNN, I am a little preturbed becuase that was the whole reason I bought the damn thing!!!!! I am hoping to skate the beach prior to practice, its such a beautiful day, cranking up my ipod and cruising a couple miles seems like a good idea. I love my life in hot pants!!!
Maehym

No comments:

Post a Comment